General Warranty Information
The following limited warranties do not fully apply to Oil Finish products or other LW product lines that are covered by their own warranty such as Luxury Vinyl Plank, Riverside Engineered Vinyl and Riverstone Stone Core Vinyl.
- Lifetime structural warranty
- 50 year finish wear-through residential warranty, 5-year finish wear-through limited light commercial warranty
All pre-installation guidelines, installation procedures, floor care, and maintenance must be in accordance with LW Flooring instructions and the guidelines established by the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA).
Manufacturer Inspection Rights and ClaimsLW Flooring shall be allowed a reasonable me to inspect any hardwood flooring product claimed to be defective.
General Terms and Conditions
- The liability of the manufacturer under this warranty shall be limited to the actual replacement cost of material and reasonable labor only.
- Incidental or consequential costs associated with the repair or replacement of a damaged flooring product are not the responsibility of LW Flooring.
- New or replacement hardwood flooring required to settle a claim is not guaranteed to match the existing installed hardwood flooring or retailer display samples.
- The manufacturer is not responsible for matching the hardwood flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim, and moldings.
- No other warranties expressed or implied are made including merchant-ability or fitness for any particular purpose.
- Under no circumstances shall LW Flooring be liable for loss or damage associated with special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
- No installer, retailer, agent or employee of LW Flooring has the authority to increase or alter the obligations or limitations of this warranty.
Replacement/RepairsLW Flooring reserves the right to repair any floors and/or use its own source to obtain an installer for replacement flooring. You are responsible for clearing any items placed over the affected areas subsequent to the original installation. If there is a concern that is covered within the warranty and it does not exceed 5% of the installed floor, LW Flooring will repair or replace the affected planks only. In the event that LW Flooring repairs a floor, this warranty shall remain effective on this floor.
ConditionsThis limited warranty is made subject to the following conditions:
- The flooring must only be used indoors in residential areas.
- The surface wear must not have occurred as a result of incorrect maintenance or accidents such as damage caused by scratching, impact, and cutting.
- The surface wear must be readily visible (approximately 10% of the installed floor). Gloss reduction is not considered surface wear.
- LW warrants its products are free from manufacturing defects in lamination, milling, and assembly for as long as you own it.
- LW also warrants that its products will not buckle, cup or warp when properly installed and normal humidity in the home (40%-60%) is maintained according to LW recommended procedures.
- Wood is a natural product; variations in its grain pattern, color and/or texture are normal and are not considered defects and no warranty shall apply to those. The warranty will not apply to the natural color changes which occur in wood over me.
- As a product of nature, hardwood flooring will continue to expand and contract through normal heating and non-heating seasons. Properly installed hardwood floors may consequently experience a slight separation between boards at different mes during the year. If such normal expansion and contraction occur, it is not covered by this manufacturer's warranty.
Warranty ExclusionsThis warranty DOES NOT cover the following:
- Failure to perform required pre-installation job site testing and preparation.
- Failure to inspect and approve the hardwood flooring product prior to installation.
- Failure to install the hardwood flooring per manufacturer requirements and NWFA guidelines.
- Failure to remove excess flooring adhesive and/or tongue and groove glue during installation.
- Failure to care for and maintain flooring per manufacturer requirements.
- Failure to maintain a consistent indoor temperature of 65°- 85° F and relative humidity levels of 35%-60% at all mes for the life of the hardwood installation.
- Damages arising from accidents, negligence, abuse, or abnormal wear.
- Damages due to water saturation or exposure to extreme heat, dryness, harsh chemicals and industrial or cleaning products not for use with hardwood flooring.
- Damages due to excessive ground or concrete moisture caused by natural weather conditions, including but not limited to, rainfall, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding and/or other natural disasters.
- Damages due to an earthquake or other shifting of the ground.
- Damages due to insect infestation after the product has left the manufacturer.
- Damages due to improper flooring finish work, including but not limited to, oil or stain application, sanding or refinishing after hardwood installation.
- Damages due to the use of adhesive or tape on the flooring surface.
- Damages due to the use of harsh chemicals, including but not limited to, acetone, paint thinner, alcohol or other cleaning products not suitable for hardwood floors.
- Damages due to wet mopping, steam/steam cleaners or power scrubbing machines.
- Damages due to body loon or cosmetics coming in contact with flooring surface.
- Scratches or stains caused by domestic pets or other animals.
- Alterations of the original manufactured product. These include alterations to the finish or not- factory-applied finishes, including but not limited to refinishing or re-coating.
- Mechanically fastened products against squeaking or popping sounds.
- Floor color changes due to direct and indirect sunlight or other UV light exposure.
- Mechanically fastened products are not warranted against squeaking or popping sounds.
- Flooring purchased online or sellers not authorized to sell LW Flooring products.
- Use rugs inside and outside entrances to prevent sand and abrasives from being tracked onto the floor. Use so woven rugs. Clean or replace rugs as needed.
- Apply felt pads on all furniture legs to ease movement and prevent scratches. When moving furniture or appliances, use caution to avoid scratching, indentations, or gouging.
- Use large so polyurethane or rubber casters versus narrow rigid plastic ones.
- Maintain relative humidity level between 35%-60% for your good health, your wood floor, and furnishings. In high humidity, the use of air conditioners or dehumidifiers will control the environment. During dry periods, use a humidifier to control shrinkage.
- Stiletto high-heels and spiked sports shoe are not recommended on any wood flooring.
- Wipe up spills quickly to protect wood from excess liquid.
- Sweep or vacuum your floor regularly to prevent dirt, dust, and abrasives that can scratch or dull its finish.
- NOTE: Vacuum only with a hard floor attachment. A revolving beater brush can hold grit which can damage the finish.
- LW Flooring recommends Bona cleaning products, which are widely regarded as the best cleaning solution for urethane finish flooring.
- NO WAXES, POLISHES, OIL BASED DETERGENTS OR ABRASIVE CLEANERS SUCH AS STEEL WOOL CLEANERS.
- Spray a light mist onto the floor. Mop floor in a back-and-forth moon in the same direction as strips for best results.
- Never pour water or liquid cleaner directly onto the floor surface.
- Do not use steam cleaners or a wet mop to clean wood floors.
Floor Care Tips
- Larger pets should have their claws trimmed to avoid scratching floors.
- For more difficult stains, dampen a cloth with mineral spirits and clean the mess.
- Minor dents or scratches; use matching wood filler available at your local hardware store.
- Large scratches or damage, consult a professional.
- Changes in wood color over me are due to the natural process of wood aging and not to the yellowing of the finish.
- Direct sunlight will increase this phenomenon. UV protective film applied on windows can help to slow the process in addition to your energy savings.